Effect of Retardants of the Folicur on Morphogenesis, Accumulation of Carbohydrates and Nutrition Elements of the Organs Plants in Gooseberry Leaves Related to the Crop Productivity
Keywords:gooseberry (Grossularia reclinat), retardants, morphogenesis, photosynthetic apparatus, productivity, elements supplies
The paper presents the research results of the effect of the triazole derivative retrandant folicur on morphogenesis, accumulation of nonstructural carbohydrates, key elements of mineral nutrition and yield of gooseberry plants. Field small-land experiments were laid in 2015–2017. Gooseberry plants of cv. Mashen’ka were treated with a 0,025 % solution of the folicur during the budding phase using a paddle sprayer. The phytometric indices were determined every 10 days, the mesostructure was established in the middle-tier leaves in the phase of the fruit formation, the content of the amount of chlorophylls was determined in the raw material by the spectrophotometric method, the content of various forms of carbohydrates and elements of mineral nutrition in plant organs was determined by biochemical methods in fixed dry material (content of sugars and starch was estimated by the iodometric method, and the content of total nitrogen was determined with the help of the Kjeldahl method). The treatment of the plants with the product positively influenced the formation of the leaf mesostructure – the thickness of the chlorenchyme and the leaf blade increased in general, the linear sizes and volume of the cells of the columnar and spongy parenchyma increased, chlorophylls accumulated. Under the action of the preparation more non-structural carbohydrates (sugars + starch) and mineral nutrients were accumulated in leaves and shoots in comparison with the plants of the control variant. Such changes provided the necessary reserve of carbohydrates and nutrients for the fruit formation and growth, causing a considerable increase in the crop productivity. Consequently, the triazole derivative retardant folicur, influencing the anatomical, morphological and physiological and also biochemical characteristics of the gooseberry plants, changed the nature of the donor-acceptor relationships in the plant, which intensified the production process and optimized the crop productivity.
2. Yu, S. M.; Lo, Shuen-Fang, Ho.; Tuan-Hua David. Source-Sink Communication: Regulated by Hormone, Nutrient, and Stress Cross-Signaling. Trends in plant science. 2015, 20(12), pp 844–857. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tplants.2015.10.009
3. Poprotska, I. V.; Kuryata, V. G. Features of gas exchange and use of reserve substances in pumpkin seedlings in conditions of skoto- and photomorphogenesis under the influence of gibberellin and chlormequat-chloride. Regulatory mechanisms in biosystems. 2017, 8 (1). https://doi.org/10.15421/021713
4. Kiriziy, D. A.; Stasyk, О. О.; Pryadkina, G. А.; Shadchyna, Т. М. Fotosintez. Т. 2. Assimilyatsiya СО2 i mehanizmy jejyo regulyatsii. Logos: Kiev, 2014. (in Russian)
5. Kuryata, V. G.; Poprotska, І. V.; Rogach, Т. І. The impact of growth stimulators and retardants on the utilization of reserve lipids by sunflower seedlings. Regulatory mechanisms in biosystems. 2017, 8(3), pp 317–322. https://doi.org/10.15421/021750
6. Rogach, V. V.; Poprotska, I. V.; Kuryata, V. G. Effect of gibberellin and retardants on morphogenesis, photosynthetic apparatus and productivity of the potato. Visn. Dnipropetr. Univ. Ser. Biol. Ekol. 2016, 24(2), pp 416–419. (in Ukrainian) https://doi.org/10.15421/011656
7. Kasem, M. M.; Abd El–Baset, М. М. Studding the Influence of Some Growth Retardants as a Chemical Mower on Ryegrass (Lolium perenne L.). Journal of Plant Sciences. 2015, 3(5), pp 255–258.
8. Carvalho, M. E. A.; Castro, C. P. R.; Castro, F. M. V.; Mendes, A. C. C. Are plant growth retardants a strategy to decrease lodging and increase yield of sunflower. Comunicata Scientiae. 2016, 7(1), pp 154–164. https://doi.org/10.14295/cs.v7i1.1286
9. Kumar, S.; Sreenivas, G.; Satyanarayana, J.; Guha, A. Paclobutrazol treatment as a potential strategy for higher seed and oil yield in field-grown Camelina sativa L. Crantz. BSK Research Notes, 2012, 5(1), pp 13. https://doi.org/10.1186/1756-0500-5-137
10. Zhang, W.; Xu, F.; Hua, C.; Cheng, S. Effect of chlorocholine chloride on chlorophyll, photosynthesis, soluble sugar and flavonoids of Ginkgo biloba. Not Bot Horti Agrobo, 2013, 41(1), pp 97–103. https://doi.org/10.15835/nbha4118294
11. Kuryata, V. G.; Kravets, O. O. Features of morphogenesis, accumulation and redistribution of assimilate and nitrogen containing compounds in tomatoes under retardants treatment. Ukrainian Journal of Ecology, 2018, 8(1), pp 356–362. https://doi.org/10.15421/2018_222
12. Koutroubas, S. D.; Damalas, C. A. Morpho–physiological responses of sunflower to foliar applications of chlormequatchloride (CCC). Bioscience Journal, 2016, 32(6), pp 1493–1501. https://doi.org/10.14393/bj-v32n6a2016-33007
13. Kuryata, V. G.; Polyvanyi, S. V. Formation and functioning of source-sink relation system of oil poppy plants under treptolem treatment in connection with productivity of crop. Ukrainian Journal of Ecology, 2018, 8(1), pp 11–20.
14. Li, N.; Li, J. M.; Zhai, Z.; Li, Z.H.; Duan, L.S. Effects of chemical regulator on the lodging resistance traits, agricultural characters and yield of maize. J Maize Sci, 2010, 18, pp 38–42.
15. Peng, D.; Chen, X.; Yin, Y.; Lu, K.; Yang, W.; Tang, Y.; Wang, Z. Lodging resistance of winter wheat (Triticum aestivum L.): Lignin accumulation and its related enzymes activities due to the application of paclobutrazol or gibberellin acid. F. Crop Res. 2014, (157), pp 1–7. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fcr.2013.11.015
16. Fahad, S.; Hussain, S.; Saud, S.; Hassan, S.; Ihsan, Z.; Shah, A.N.; Wu, C.; Yousaf, M.; Nasim, W.; Alharby, H.; Alghabari, F.; Huang, J. Exogenously Applied Plant Growth Regulators Enhance the Morpho-Physiological Growth and Yield of Rice under High Temperature. Frontiers in Plant Science. 2016, 7, pp 1250. https://doi.org/10.3389/fpls.2016.01250
17. Panyapruek, S.; Sinsiri, W.; Sinsiri, N.; Arimatsu, P.; Polthanee, A. Effect of paclobutrazol growth regulator on tuber production and starch quality of cassava (Manihot esculenta Crantz). Asian Journal of Plant Sciences. 2016, 15(1–2), pp 1–7. https://doi.org/10.3923/ajps.2016.1.7
18. Kuryata, V. G. (2009). Retardanty – modyfikatory gormonalnogo status roslyn. Fiziologija roslyn: problem ta perspektyvy rozvytku. Logos: Kyiv, 2009, Т.1
19. Altintas, S. Effects of chlormequat chloride and different rates of prohexadione-calcium on seedling growth, flowering, fruit development and yield of tomato. African Journal of Biotechnology. 2011, 10(75), pp 17160–17169. https://doi.org/10.5897/ajb11.2706
20. Görtz, А.; Oerke, Е. С.; Puhl, T.; Ulrike S. Effect of environmental conditions on plant growth regulator activity of fungicidal seed treatments of barley. Journal of Applied Botany and Food Quality. 2008, 82, pp 60–68.
21. Matysiak, K.; Kaczmarek, S. Effect of chlorocholine chloride and triazoles – tebuconazole and flusilazole on winter oilseed rape (Brassica napus var. oleifera L.) in response to the application term and sowing density. Journal of plant protection research. 2013, 53(1), pp 79–88. https://doi.org/10.2478/jppr-2013-0012
22. AOAC. Official Methods of Analysis of Association of Analytical Chemist International 18th ed. Rev. 3.2010. Asso. of Analytical Chemist. Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA, 2010.
23. Mokronosov A. T. Metodika kolichestvennoj oczenki struktury` i funkczional`noj aktivnosti fotosinteziruyushhikh tkanej i organov [Methodology quantifying the structure and functional activity of photosynthetic tissues and organs.]. Pr. trudy` po prikladnoj botanike, genetike i selekczii. 1978, 3, pp 119–131. (in Russian)